When and how do you use the verb to be? We all know it means ser y estar en español, but here are some other uses which are essential for you to master it. Do the following activity which I published in Educaplay.
|Uses of to be activities in Educaplay|
Can you write them down? Together with this, it is necessary to bear in mind that the verb to be is an AUXILIARY VERB, which means:
- It Helps other verbs to make sentences
- It Doesn’t need other verbs to make negative and interrogative: I’m not/ Am I?
- It Can take a short form in the negative and affirmative.
- It Can be used to make short answers. Yes I am/ No I’m not
- It is used to form CONTINUOUS TENSES: present continuous; I am reading
Let's do more activities on the fom of the verb to be: