ROMANTIC SONG... THE REASON


 THe group Hoobastank were quite popular some years ago, however, we can also say they were a one hit wonder, because it is difficult to remember more songs released by them.



Anyway, this song is really romantic and beautiful and it talks about a person reagretting something from the past. 
So, I strongly recommend to you to listen to it, it is worthwhile!!!

HOOBASTANK                        THE REASON


SAY     REASON          LIVE WITH        PERSONAL      NEW    CHANGE          THINGS            HURT               PAIN    SHOW                        WHISH             SIDE                DO       PERSON

I'm not a perfect ………………………(1)
As many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those ………………… (2)to you
And so I have to ……………….(3).before I go
That I just want you to …………………….(4)

I've found a …………….(5) for me
To ……………. (6)who I used to be
A reason to start over ………….(7)
and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I ……………….(8) you
It's something I must ………….. (9)everyday
And all the …………….(10) I put you through
I ………….(11) that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
That's why I need you to hear

 I've found a …………….(5) for me
To ……………. (6)who I used to be
A reason to start over ………….(7)
and the reason is you

I'm not a perfect ………………..(1)
I never meant to do those ……………….(2) to you
And so I have to ………….(3) before I go
That I just want you to ……………(4)

 I've found a …………….(5) for me
To ……………. (6)who I used to be
A reason to start over ………….(7)
and the reason is you

I've found a reason to …………..(12)
A …………(13) of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I ………..(14)
And the reason is you



QUESTIONS:
  1. Underline the verbs in the simple past affirmative or negative
  2. Underline the participles that appear in the song and write the infinitive forms
  3. what is the meaning of the expression: I wish I didn’t do? And, I didn’t mean to do those things to you?
  4. Can you mark the phrasal verbs in the song and say the meaning?Use the translator to find the meaning.

KEY:
3. It means you regret of doing something (desearía no haberlo hecho) . I didn’t mean is used when you didn’t do it on purpose (no tenía intención de, ha sido sin querer…)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario