BROKEN STRINGS. JAMES MORRISON


Do you know James Morrison? Have you ever listened to any of his songs?
A few years ago, we listened to a really beautiful song called BROKEN STRINGS, composed by this singer and songwriter. Here, she made an amazing duet with NElly Furtado. I hope you enjoy it.


You can learn more about James Morrison at: http://www.jamesmorrisonmusic.com/


BROKEN STRINGS (JAMES MORRISON FEAT NELLY FURTADO)
Dust             Chasing                             Want           Tears            Feel             little            hold on                             hurts            convince                          else              Hold             forgive                               chance                               fire               
Let me 1 …………. you for the last time
It's the last 2 ………….. to feel again
But you broke me, now I can't 3………… anything

When I love you and so untrue
I can't even 4………… myself
When I'm speaking it's the voice of someone 5……………..
CHORUS
Oh, it 6……… me up
I tried to 7……………. but it hurts too much
I tried to 8……………… but it's not enough
To make it all okay
You can't play our broken strings
You can't feel anything
That your heart don't 9……………… to feel
I can't tell you something that ain't real
Oh, the truth 10……………… and lies worse
How can I give anymore
When I love you a 11……………… less than before?

Oh, what are we doing?
We are turning into 12………………
Playing house in the ruins of us

Running back through the 13……………….
When there's nothing left to say
It's like 14………………. the very last train
When it's too late, too late
CHORUS
Oh, it 6……… me up
I tried to 7……………. but it hurts too much
I tried to 8……………… but it's not enough
To make it all okay
You can't play our broken strings
You can't feel anything
That your heart don't 9……………… to feel
I can't tell you something that ain't real
Oh, the truth 10……………… and lies worse
How can I give anymore

But we're running through the 13……………………
When there's nothing left to say
It's like 14…………….. the very last train
When we both know it's too late, too late
CHORUS
Let me 1……………. you for the last time
It's the last 2……………… to feel again
1.        Identify the verbs with an irregular past. Write their three forms (infinitive, past simple and participle).
2.        Link the expressions with their meaning:
a.        TEAR UP,                                                               1.Continue, go on
b.         HOLD ON                                                              2. To break, destroy  
c.        TURN INTO                                            3. Surpass somewhere
d.        PLAY                                                      4. No words to say
e.         RUN THROUGH                                     5. Transform
  NOTHING LEFT TO SAY                         6. To pretend                                           




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario