Let me present an activty quite interesting for 2nd or 3rd year of ESO. It is watching a story with subtitles. It is called The Greatest Treasure.
To do this activity, you should listen to the video first without reading the subtitles and get the general idea. Then, you can watch it as many times as you wish.
Here is a list of words which appear in the story which can be useful to understand it. After listening, you have ot answer the following questions.
agree: estar de acuerdo
set off: empezar, emprender
make through: atravesar
join: unirse a, juntarse con, apuntarse
sharp vision: vista aguda
pull up: tirar hacia arriba
eagle : águila
slip. resbalar, deslizar
brave: valiente (corageous)
at each other: el uno al otro
- What did Peter find at home?
- Where did he arrive first?
- Who did they meet in the mountain?
- Who did they meet in the desert?
- Who helped them cross the ocean?
- Which animals appear in the story?
- What was the treasure?
- WHich places appear in the story?